Project Based Voucher (Low to Moderate Income Families)
Special Announcement: Information on Available Housing
Now accepting applications for the following:
1) Project-Based senior communities located in the cities of Fontana, Redlands, San Bernardino, Twin Peaks, Yucaipa, and Victorville. To download an application please click here (applicacion en español). Applications are also available by calling (909) 890-9533. The scattered sites region waiting lists for all bedroom sizes are currently closed for Region 1 and 2.
2) Valencia Grove Project Based Community located in the City of Redlands. Valencia Grove has the four bedroom unit waiting list open. To download the application, click here (applicacion en español).
3) Horizons at Yucaipa located in the City of Yucaipa. Application (applicacion en español)
Senior Housing Communities
With the cooperation of their various partners, the Housing Authority has developed senior housing communities in Fontana, Montclair, Redlands, San Bernardino, Twin Peaks, Yucaipa and Victorville. This federally funded program provides rental assistance in the form of a Project Based Housing Choice Voucher to low income seniors for the purpose of securing affordable housing.
How much rent do vouchers cover? The Housing Authority pays the owner the difference between 30 percent of family income and the gross rent for the unit.
How are project-based vouchers different from tenant-based vouchers? Under the tenant-based housing choice voucher program, the Housing Authority issues an eligible family a voucher and the family selects a unit of its choice. If the family moves out of the unit, the contract with the owner ends and the family can move with continued assistance to another unit.
Under the project-based voucher program, the Housing Authority enters into an assistance contract with the owner for specified units and for a specified term. The Housing Authority refers families from its waiting list to the project owner to fill vacancies. Because the assistance is tied to the unit, a family who moves from the project-based unit does not have any right to continued housing assistance. However, they may be eligible for a tenant based voucher under certain circumstances. View MTW factsheet: Controlled Program Moves.
The table below includes the 2014 maximum income limits under this program. A families' income cannot exceed the amounts reflected below.
Scattered Sites Housing
The Housing Authority has 335 project based units located throughout San Bernardino County. This federally funded program provides rental assistance in the form of a Project Based Housing Voucher to low and moderate-income families. Families are assigned a bedroom size based on two (2) people per bedroom.
Project Based Voucher Program Income Limits
The Housing Authority contracts with Beacon Property Management to oversee the management for all project based units. There is a waiting list for each separate senior community and each scattered sites region by bedroom size. You may apply for more than one senior community or scattered sites region.
The waiting lists for the senior communities located in the cities of Fontana, Redlands, San Bernardino, Twin Peaks, Victorville, and Yucaipa are currently open and accepting applications. To download an application click here (applicacion en español).
Region 1 Scattered Site Application (applicacion en español)
- Region 1 consists of the following cities: Bloomington, Colton, Fontana, Loma Linda, Redlands, Yucaipa, and Rancho Cucamonga
Region 2 Scattered Site Application - Click here to read the notice (español) (vietnamese) Application (applicacion en español)
- Region 2 consists of the following cities: Chino, Montclair, and Ontario
Region 3 Scattered Site - Waiting List Closed
- Region 3 consists of the following cities: Adelanto, Apple Valley, Hesperia, and Victorville
Region 4 Scatterd Site Application (applicacion en español)
- Region 4 consists of the following: City of Barstow
Region 5 Scattered Site Application (applicacion en español)
- Region 5 consists of the following cities: Joshua Tree, Twentynine Palms, and Yucca Valley
Region 6 Scattered Site - Waiting List Closed
- Region 6 consists of the following: City of San Bernardino