Additional HCV Programs
In addition to the voucher program, the Housing Authority administers other housing programs, such as the following:
Please note: Due to the special funding categories that support these programs, the Payment Standards for these programs differ from our Local Payment Standards for other programs. For details on our Special Purpose Program Payment Standards effective November 2015, please click here.
- Mainstream – This program is designed to provide rental assistance to persons with disabilities to enable them to rent suitable and accessible housing in the private market. We are currently authorized to assist 100 families under this program.
- Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS (HOPWA) - HACSB has partnered with Foothill Aids Project to offer rental assistance and supportive services to persons with AIDS. We are currently authorized to assist 45 people under this program.
- Veteran's Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) - VASH is for homeless veterans with severe psychiatric or substance abuse disorders. The Housing Authority and Veterans Administration Medical Center have partnered to provide rental vouchers and supportive services to eligible veterans. We are currently authorized to assist 35 families and have received additional funding for 25 families.
- Stepping Stones - This program provides rental assistance for hard to serve homeless persons with disabilities in connection with supportive services funded from sources outside the program. We are currently authorized to assist 75 families under this program.
- New Horizons – This program is offered through the Department of Behavioral Health for homeless individuals that are currently receiving services from the department. It was started in 2008 for a five year term and we are currently authorized to assist 46 families under this program.
- Good Samaritan – This program is offered through the Department of Behavioral Health for homeless individuals. This program started in 2008 and we are currently authorized to assist 17 families under this program.